Sunday 10 November 2013

Jobs

All the pursuits of the people around me are aimed at jobs and can't settle on a single thing. I cannot imagine how someone aims to get a job to sit behind a desk at 14 or 16, I don't know. I could never do that, I've tried it and very nearly went completely out of my mind and almost flung myself out a seven story window.
Why is money real, why do we have to get jobs, all I really want to do is watch movies, read books and poetry, and discuss them with other people (traveling would be nice too but well that's another thing) It's so nice to discuss all these things with other people, because I always find out about things I never noticed or see from a different point of view. Why can't that be all I do, why can't I live off that? Why can't I just read up about chemistry and biology purely because it interests me and not be tested on it. How did we create these social needs that we cannot live without now but seem to have gone by just find before?

This is barely one side of the arguments and I'm always swimming between the two islands. I don't know if I'll be able to make a decision in time. The clock is always ticking, I'll never feel fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment