Sunday 5 August 2012

on another note, I did watch Moonrise Kingdom (alone.) and I really enjoyed. It might be because I'm biased, cause I really like Wes Anderson's movies, but truthfully, I think lots more people should go see this movie. I really like the way he makes movies with characters than are ultimately completely relate-able, and yet placed in situations and worlds that seem more surreal than realistic. I don't really have the words to describe it. These characters are completely human, but they are somewhat bolder, or certain aspects of them are more amplified, and the world they're in is realistic but with certain quite unrealistic aspects. Does that sound like complete bullshit? Anyway Wes Anderson always has movies that deal with things like troubled children/childhood and odd love, and the colour palette he uses in the movies are always very pretty.

So moonrise kingdom was well worth the money, but there were only what 8 people in the theater. This movie will make you laugh and go aww, and all kinds of things. Edward Norton as the scout master was pretty funny, and comparing him to the characters he's played in other movies, just makes me like him even more as an actor. I can't totally describe how I feel about the entire movie.
well you should watch it to get your own opinion.

p.s. really liked the part they were dancing on the beach, it was funny, yet kind of a coming of age moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment