Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lonesome?

I used to dislike that fact that I never have anyone to go out with, but I've come to accept and even revel in it. I like going out on my own and just strolling, stopping when I want to eat or drink, or maybe browse the shops. I enjoy eating alone with a good book or a TV show I enjoy to accompany me, it's all very relaxing and a very good distraction. There is no stress to continue a conversation or to make sure the person i am with is entertained or pleased. There is only me. I like the notion of no one knowing exactly where I am for hours, it gives me a certain sense of freedom that disappears when I step back through doors and meet people I am acquainted (or supposed to be aquainted) with.

Why must there be a reason, besides the fact that i want to, for me to go out?
Why do I have to go out to eat with someone?
Why do I need someone to go to the movies with me?

Sometimes the fact that I am always better by myself rather than with other people makes me feel less like a human being. (aren't we supposed to be social beings?) However, I'd rather not dwell on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment