Thursday 18 July 2013

Breakfast at Tiffany's


I've just finished reading Breakfast At Tiffany's by Truman Capote and I would say I like both the movie and the book equally but only because Audrey Hepburn has unrivalled charm. If I were to speak my opinion based on the storyline alone, I would pick the book, because the story told in the book has a more realistic ending, and there are various quotes I quite like which aren't given justice in the film. About the more realistic approach in the book (spoilers) it is clear that the narrator does not end up with Holly from the very beginning, but it's not sad that he doesn't either because they were together not really as lovers and not completely friends either, but there was some enjoyment in the process of being aqquainted. And all things have to end one way or another, and this on ended with holly being holly and going off to find somewhere better for her in her eyes. They drifted apart, which would be expected as holly is barely responsible for most things.
However you do still wish you knew how she ended up, the way you wish you knew what was going on with friends you had years ago and that's why I appreciate this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment